Superintendent Job Description
- Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects.
- Plan, lead, and coordinate subcontractors work activities for a particular project.
- Ensure implementation of safety program that creates a safe and healthy work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and productivity of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise management of potential problems, work interference’s or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Advise management of anything with cost implications, i.e., change orders, back charges, etc.
- Contribute to the development of a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Interact with owners, architects, and design professionals to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction. Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving to reduce the cost incurred.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs, and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Provide liaison between project management, field engineering, and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications, and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge to enhance personal and company growth.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
- Ability to adapt to technology advancement within our company and the construction industry.
Experience & Requirements
- OSHA 30 hour certification preffered.
- 5 years of experience in commercial construction.