Project Manager Description
- Provide estimating, from conceptual budgets to hard bids, including soliciting subcontractor and material supplier bids.
- Develop bid packages and write front-end specifications for assigned projects.
- Provide scheduling, from basic “high point” schedules to detailed schedules.
- Contract administration including job cost set-up, owner contracts, owner change orders, correspondence, subcontracts, and subcontractor change orders.
- Complete project closeout by assembling warranties, operation & maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, and completed punch lists.
- Procure permitting necessary for assigned projects.
- Provide overall administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects.
- Work with bookkeeping to execute and deliver detailed AIA formatted billings.
- Plan, lead and coordinate superintendents, assistant superintendents, and subcontractor’s work activities for multiple projects.
- Ensure implementation of the Edwards-Rigdon safety program that creates a safe and healthy work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and productivity of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise senior level management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Conduct a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Develop with the project superintendent, a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner. The plan should look to mitigate the impact of the project on the surrounding neighborhood and traffic around the site.
- Communicate with owner, architect, and design professionals to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction. Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving to reduce the cost incurred.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Conduct regularly scheduled progress meetings with owners, design teams, and subcontractors to stay current with overall job progress.
- Achieve project completion within budget, schedule, and construction documents.
- Ability to adapt to technology advancement within our company and the construction industry.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in construction management, engineering, or business OR eight or more years of experience in commercial construction.