- Conduct behavior in a manner becoming to Edwards-Rigdon’s image, both in appearance and attitude.
- Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects.
- Plan, lead and coordinate assistant superintendents and subcontractors work activities for a particular project.
- Lead assistant superintendents and monitor subcontractor personnel.
- Ensure implementation of safety program that creates a safe and healthy work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and productivity of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems.
- Contribute to the development of a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Interface with owner, architect and design professionals to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction. Facilitate discovery and correction of contract document “errors and omissions” and problem solving so as to reduce the cost incurred.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements, with particular emphasis on accurate, properly coded receipts.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Provide liaison between project management, field engineering, estimating and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Train, motivate and support subordinate employees in developing their capabilities to further company, project and personal development goals.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
- Ability to adapt to technology advancement within our company and the construction industry.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- OSHA 30 hour certification preffered.
- 5 years of experience in commercial construction.